TATS supports administrators, Pre-K contacts, teachers, and other staff members who have duties related to collecting and entering data for Florida Child Outcome Measurement System (FCOMS). TATS also supports staff in analyzing data trends and developing steps for quality data processes and program development.
BDI2NU Tool Kit for Staff Administration – for administrators who will be managing staff assignments by adding, editing, assigning staff roles, assigning MDS licenses, running and using system reports.
Data Tool Kit for Child Outcomes – Topics include timelines and guidelines for assessments, running and using the macro, identifying and correcting data errors.
BDI-2NU Tool Kit for Child Administration– for staff who will be entering, editing, and assigning children, as well as those who will be entering assessment information, scores, and program notes.
Links listed below are for resources for Child Outcomes and Data Clean-up:
Tip Sheet for Administering the BDI-2NU for Florida Child Outcomes Measurement System – related to COVID-19 remote administration and requirements upon return to in-person programs
To Complete in August – Protocol for Purging Data from the BDI-2NU_ – Description of the process completed in August that takes out records that no longer need to be stored in the BDI-2 Data Manager. This is not related to the Macro, data correction, or the deadline for current entry/exit data that is pulled by the state for COM.
- Macro 2020-21
- Tip Sheets
Resources for BDI-2 Data Manager and MDS
- Link for BEESS Portal PDA for BDI-2NU
- BDI-2NU Links to Manuals and Stimulus Books – New on Data manager
BDI-2 Data Manager:
- BDI-2NU Data Manager™ Guide-Latest Edition
- Data Manager- updating/editing staff members
- Refresher Video – Administration of the BDI-2
- Guides for staff that administer the BDI-2NU, user BDI-2NU Data Manager, and/or use MDS.
BDI-2 Data Manager™ Video Clips
- Downloading and Installing the MDS – powerpoint with screenshots
- Power Point Directions – Administering Assessment using MDS
- TATS Video Guide to the MDS (Dropbox Link)
- Steps to Releasing an MDS License from a computer
Resources for Implementing the BDI-2NU for Child Outcomes
Using the Battelle Developmental Inventory – 2nd Edition an Assessment Tool – Administration and Use of BDI-2
- Overview of BDI-2NU
- Best Practices – Preparations: Before You Begin
- Best Practices: Maintaining Standardization
- Best Practices: Checking for Fidelity
- Accommodations to Consider when using the Battelle Developmental Inventory – 2NU
- Tip Sheets for Administration of BDI-2NU Items
Links for District Pre-K Contacts and TATS Facilitators
- School Districts – In the Contact drop down menu select Prekindergarten Disability
- TATS Regional Facilitators
- Family Flyer (Descriptions of Child Outcomes Measurements for Families)
History and Overview of Florida Child Outcomes Measurement System
- Guiding Principles of Florida Child Outcomes Measurement System
- History and Overview of FCOM
- Screener Memo – Guidelines for using BDI-2 Screening Test
- Frequently Asked Questions