During this season of Thanksgiving, TATS expresses appreciation for the expertise and efforts of all who work to enrich early childhood. Your participation in professional learning opportunities is especially noticed and appreciated. The Embedding Instruction section of TATS Rock Your Classroom provides helpful resources for developing strategies for implementing instruction that addresses all areas of development throughout the classroom day. In addition, resources to share with families are included.
The section on Embedding Instruction includes the following links to areas of development. Note that Rock Your Classroom indicators and practices closely related to the Child Outcomes Summary processes are indicated in red text. Topics focus on the following sections of Embedding Instruction listed and linked below:
- Adaptive and Independent Care Skills
- Motor (fine motor and gross motor) Skills
- Social Development and Emotional Competency
- Communication and Language Skills
- Emergent Literacy and Early Academic Skills
- Awareness of Goals
Check the TATS Calendar for upcoming opportunities for professional learning. Link on the calendar icon here or in the top menu bar to see the schedules.
Join us for the November COS Community of Practice, presented in an interactive format.
- Of particular note are the following documents which provide guidance related to specific considerations that are important in planning and progress monitoring:
- >>> TATS Talks about Supports and Adaptations (information related to implementation of varying levels and types of supports)
- >>> ECTA’s Breadth of the Outcomes.pdf (examples of functional skills within the three child outcomes)
- >>>TATS Talks about Effectively Incorporating Technology into Early Childhood Settings (describes effective uses of technology related to incorporating development of social interaction skills, curricula themes, and Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards 2017 (FELDS)