TATS focus for October is Engagement in Early Childhood programs. Please refer to the TATS resources listed below for assistance and information that will help you incorporate engaging activities, conversations, and responsive interactions with children across a variety of situations.
- TATS “Rock Your Classroom” Engagement section includes information for Universal, Individualized, and Intensive supports, as well as ideas related to Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP). Additional resources for engagement are listed below:
- Environments that Invite Learning
- Embedding Individualized Instruction (Head Start Inclusion document)
- Links to Resources for Family Involvement (TATS website page) Classroom Essentials for Early Childhood This resource addresses developmentally appropriate practices along with ideas for developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate schedule.
New information regarding Child Outcomes: Indicator 7: FL Child Outcomes Summary Process. Child Outcomes Summary Process (COS) is an exciting way of measuring and reporting the growth of our Pre-K students make. It supports evidence-based practices in developing goals, instruction, and progress monitoring.
Additional information can be found on TATS website in the section for State Indicator Resources.
The step-by-step guides for developing processes related to the requirements Indicators 6, 7, and 12 are included in the links listed below:
- Indicator 6 (Inclusion) Steps to Quality
- Indicator 7 (Child Outcomes Measures) Steps to Quality
- Indicator 12 (Transition)