TATS Topics Focus on Families recognizes the importance of family involvement in children’s educational experiences. With summer quickly approaching, now is a good time to plan for supporting families with activities and ideas for the summer months. The following list highlights resources for families and includes numerous resources in Spanish.
- TATS Talks to Families – Resources include developmental checklists, ideas for reading to children, encouraging communication, and information related to Exceptional Education services for young children.
- TATS Summer Activity Calendar – This is one of TATS most popular summer resources. The 4-month calendar includes simple activities that can be accomplished in just a few fun minutes each day. Kindergarten readiness activities are included but all activities are appropriate for various ages.
Remember, the Child Outcomes Exit Window is open through May. Toolkits for resources for the BDI-2NU, data entry, macro, and error correction are included in the resources listed below:
- Exit Window: FL Child Outcomes Resources and Toolkits are available to assist districts in the use of the BDI-2NU in relation to Exit data.
New information regarding Child Outcomes: Indicator 7: FL Child Outcomes Summary Process. Child Outcomes Summary Process (COS) is an exciting way of measuring and reporting the growth of our Pre-K students make. It supports evidence-based practices in developing goals, instruction, and progress monitoring.
Resources for Supporting Students during remote instruction and return to in-person school are at this location: COVID-19 Resources for Remote and In-person Instruction, Policy and Procedure Updates, and Family Engagement.
Take a look at the TATS webpage of Resources for Fostering Equity
TATS Indicator Fact Sheet (State Indicators 6, 7, & 12) provides quick facts and information related to the State Performance Plan indicators. Data related to your SPP indicators can be found on your district LEA Profile. Additional resources for Indicators are included in the links listed below:
- Indicator 6 (Inclusion) Steps to Quality
- Indicator 7 (Child Outcomes Measures) Steps to Quality
- Indicator 12 (Transition)
The TATS Professional Development series includes multiple resources in the Administrator Observation Guide to Evidence-based Practices and the corresponding “Rock Your Classroom” Guide for Teachers